Re: Event notification

From: Ben Ryan <benryan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 00:17:24 GMT

In article <7vhak6$71r$1_at_lure.pipex.net>,   "\\ \\" <ambrosetati_at_ukgateway.net> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> How can I notify a database signal to client ( a forms 4.5 display)?
> I've created a small trigger from where DBMS_ALERT.signal() is called.
I'm
> trying DBMS_ALERT.register() and DBMS_ALERT.waitany()
> in my form but it fails to compile (the error being: DBMS_ALERT must
be
> declared).
> Any suggestions?
> TIA
> Ambrose

Assuming any needed synonyms are defined.

Has the client been granted the execute privilege on the DBMS_ALERT package? If it has, is it via a role? PL/SQL does not recognize privileges which come via a role. The privilege must be directly granted to the user who is the owner of the package/procedure/function which is calling the DBMS_ALERT package.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Oct 31 1999 - 18:17:24 CST