Re: Help with install!!

From: John Chiu <johnymc_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:12:18 -0500

I found no problem in starting the instance in the service box. However, installing Developer 6 with Oracle 8, you may encounter the problem in connecting to the database. You may edit your registry to add a new string value as TNS_ADMIN

                            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
                                      SOFTWARE
                                              ORACLE
                                                       TNS_ADMIN
and the value of TNS_ADMIN should point to your drive:\orant\net80\admin

HTH John Chiu