Re: Striping database controlfiles

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:38:05 +0800

Eugene Firyago wrote:

> Is it advisable to allocate database controlfiles on stripped devices (RAID
> 0, 5, etc.) for protection and performance purposes?
> I think controlfiles are experienced not only sequential reads/writes (in
> opposite to logfiles) and their size got about megs with v8.
>
> Your opinion?
>
> Thanks,
> Eugene.

Certainly (striped or otherwise) you want to make sure you have enough copies to protect yourself...Other than that, they aren't hit that hard to warrant (say) striping purely on the grounds of performance.

Cheers
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Sun Oct 31 1999 - 05:38:05 CST