Oracle On AIX : Urgent Help Required

From: janjua <janjua_at_cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 09:30:04 +0000

Hi All

 We have serious problems on an AIX box regarding Oracle Database.

We have an AIX RS 6000 High Node machine with AIX 4.2.2 4 CPU’s , 1 GB of Ram and 16 Mirrored hard Drives of 4GB each. Total of 32

  The database is 7.3.2 Oracle database with an SGA of 250 MB.

  We are running an in house developed application. The response is very
bad. We have 80 users using the machine.

  We have tuned the database to the best of our abilities but the users are
getting a very bad response.

 The machine and database is never taken down. After nearly every two Weeks we come to a situation where database virtually comes to halt and we have to either bounce the database or reboot
the system.

 We have same application running on a SUN box with lesser BOX specs and
don’t have any problems.

We have pretty good in house Oracle Expertise. We don’t have much AIX expertise in house.

 Please if you could think of any thing on the Operating system/ Hardware
side which could be causing this Problem .

  Any thoughts / pointers will be highly appreciated.

  We have a doubt that the AIX is not using all 4 Processes and that may be
causing this problem.

  Any commands to check if all 4 processes are being used or if there is a
memory leak.

  Thanking you in advance for emailing the replies

  Bye
Aamer

Aamer_janjua_at_hotmail.com Received on Sun Oct 31 1999 - 03:30:04 CST