Database link from 8i to 7.3.3

From: <gwellman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 19:08:24 GMT

On my Oracle 8i box, I used the Net8 assistant to create a net service name (ORCL) that points to an Oracle 7.3.3 database (with sid 'ORCL') on another box. I tested the net service name there and it worked. (Aside: the 8i net service name is 'ORC8' so there's no conflict there.)

Logged on to Oracle 8i (in SQL+) I entered:

create public database link orc7 connect to current_user using 'ORCL';

and it said "database link created"

but when I try

select * from schemaname.tablename_at_orc7;

after a long pause, I get

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kspgsp2], [91184288], [265], [ent_domain_name], [0], [1], [], []

I'm pretty sure the problem has nothing to do with "current_user" because I've tried it with several users who exist on both systems.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

PS: Both Oracle boxes are WinNT.

PPS: The *reason* I'm making the db link is because I want to be able to copy data from the 7.3.3 machine to the 8i machine. I want to change the tablespace assignments of the objects I'm copying, otherwise I'd just use the export utility. If I can't get the database link to work, does anyone have any suggestions to accomplish the underlying goal?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 30 1999 - 14:08:24 CDT