Re: Do I need backup rollback segement tablespace and temporary table ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 13:57:47 -0000

Important point on temporary tablespaces: Pre-8.1, if you don't back them up, you have to drop them as part of the recovery (which adds to the hassle) and recreate them - which for a 40Gb temporary tablespace can add a surprising amount of time to your recovery time

8.1 on, you can have TEMPORARY TABLESPACES (as in 'create temporary tablespace') whose files are not supposed to be backed up - which don't need to be dropped, and whose files will recreate in just a few seconds.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk