ORA-25125 preventing import BUFFER POOL not allowed HELP

From: Trevor Williams <trwi_at_perth.dialix.com.au>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:58:23 GMT

db: 8.0.5.1.0
os: HP 11.0

I copied db datafilkes from HP 10:20 (8.0.5.1.0) and recreated the control files; everything seems to be working fine except this! Rerunning the cat scripts makes no difference. If I export a table, I cannot import it .

Does anyone know how I might be able to uimport the data from an export dump file? Pre-createing the tables/indexes makes no difference. How can I export without the BUFFER_POOL option? Or must it be changed from the default (DEFAULT)??

I need to get at some data in my exports, so any assistance will be much appreciated.

(show=y and indexfile= both generate SQL with the BUFFER_POOL option, and the SQL cannot be run.)

Trevor Received on Sat Oct 30 1999 - 05:58:23 CDT