Re: RMAN Hot backup script

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:54:22 -0700

RMAN provides backups of datafiles that are not consistent to a fixed point in time. However, if you perform RMAN or hot tablespace backups, you also operate the database in ARCHIVELOG mode, and back up the archived redologs.

When you restore an inconsistent backup made by RMAN, either you or RMAN must recover the database to a consistent state by applying the redologs to the restored database. That is the way all open 7x24 backup strategies on Oracle work.

--
Jeremiah