Oracle vs. MS SQL??????

From: Jayeson Brewster <jcbrew_at_pixelperfection.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:38:20 -0400

I am in the middle of taking a couple of classes in Oracle8. I would like to create ASP pages using databases created in Oracle. I see alot of hosting companies offering NT servers for ASP pages, but they don't offer oracle capabilities using oracle they only offer MS SQL, Access, FoxPro, ODBC. They tell me I need to use a UNIX server for Oracle, and then would have no support for ASP.

I quess my question is can I learn oracle and then create database/scripts using MS SQL. Are the languages similar enough that a novice like myself won't have too much trouble?

Thank You Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 14:38:20 CDT