Re: Problems with a datafile

From: Jesus M. Lopez <lopez_at_es.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:33:04 +0200

Yes, I tried to resize the datafile with the command: alter database datafile '/baandata/dat2/datbaanIV03.dbf' resize 2000M; but I don't remember the message code that I got.

I'm sure there is enough space on disk, the result of "df -k" is: /dev/ora_dat2 4399104 4260940 4% 19 1% /baandata/dat2

The system is not yet in production, and there are no much data movements. Because that, I suppose the new datafile is not already used (?).

Frank, you say that I sould resetlogs again. That mince that in this way should I have the datafile online and accesible? Witch set of commands should I execute to do this job?

Another question, should I switch to archivelog mode before or after to recover from the actual situation?

Thanks
Jesus M. Lopez