Re: TNSListner on Sun Solaris

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:32:15 +0200

strausy_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7vamgc$loa$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...

>/usr/bin/su - oracle -c
>"/opt/app/oracle/product/8.0.5/rdbms/install/rdbms/start_listener.sh"
>
>This is all one one line in the startup script. When booting, it does
>not start the listener, however when I do it manually as the oracle
>user, it starts fine.
>
>What am I missing?

My first reaction is to say environment settings as that is a common mistake, but then the su - will (should) execute the oracle .profile. Right?

Are there any errors? How about redirecting stdin and stderr to file and seeing what the startup script says?

The other thing I can think of is maybe a sequencing problem. Maybe the opt file system is not yet mounted or busy being mounted when that rc script gets executed?

Grasping at straws here I know.. :-) Hope you find the problem.

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 08:32:15 CDT