EBJ using Oracle 8i broken?

From: Michael Simmons <michael_at_ecel.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:45:48 +0800

With the hello world example every method call seems to create half a dozen semaphore handles.
These handles are never released.
e.g.
for( i=1;i<=100;i++)
 {
  System.out.println (i+" "+hello.helloWorld ());  }
adds about 600 semaphore handles to the ORACLE.EXE process. Using handleex from www.sysinternals.com shows these to be un-named semaphore handles.
Now you might think that these handles might relate to a pool of objects being created.
Well I tried everything I can think of to detect this (i.e. instance variables, class variable counters etc) and this does not appear to be the case.

So is EBJ on 8i broken?
michael_at_ecel.uwa.edu.au Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 00:45:48 CDT