Re: Grant only for a part of a table?

From: William Hancock <Hancock.William_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:31:07 -0500

This is one of the fundamental uses of views. You'll need to join somehow to a table which relates the user to his orders and use the function USER. Say you have a table of oracle usernames and customer id's, then the view should say

where USER=custusers.username and orders.customer_id=custusers.customer_id

or some such.

Then, of course, you do a grant on the view to a role, and grant the role to the users.