From: <thejaswi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:44:51 GMT

Topic: loading files into Oracle LONG

I want to load many text or HTML files (all files > 10K) into an Oracle table with LONG columns using PL/SQL stored procedures.

Oracle's UTL_FILE.GET_LINE method can only read upto 1K.

Can someone please advice me of a good way of doing this ??

I wanted to use CLOBs since it is very easy to do it using DBMS_LOB package, but it involves a lot of changes in everyone's code.

How was large data loaded into Oracle LONGs in version 7.3 ??

I'd appreciate any ideas, experiences, gotcha's!!!

Thanks,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 17:44:51 CDT