RMAN Hot backup script

From: <selvagam_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:36:26 GMT

Hi all,

  I am trying to do the hot backup through RMAN by using the following script. I keep ignoring the host command. Is there any other way to do the hot backup, if anybody have scripts which is a great help for me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Leo.

# Performs hot backup.
run
{
 allocate channel dev1 type disk;

     sql "alter tablespace USERS begin backup";
       host "c:\orante81\bin\ocopy h:\u03\oradata\test\users01.dbf g:
\app\oracle\admin\test\rman_hot\users01.dbf";
     sql "alter tablespace USERS end backup";
   sql "alter SYSTEM switch logfile";
 release channel dev1;
}

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 16:36:26 CDT