Performance ok only after recreaction of a table

From: Marco De Benedetto <dibe_at_galliera.it>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:36:23 +0000

Oracle 7.2.3 on AIX
I had very very bad performance on a (simple) query I don't even know if it would have ended since it took too much time and I had to stop it (ctrl+C)

After the export/drop/import of one of table involved there were no change,

The solution has been to
. create table new as select * from old
. drop old
. rename new to old

does anybody knows if it is a known bug and what can cause such a thing?

thanx

-debe Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 12:36:23 CDT