Re: Problems with a datafile

From: <junlei_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:05:18 GMT

The reason you can't make it bigger is probably due to the size of the tablespace. Make sure your tablespace has its maxextents set to more than what your datafiles need.

Also, did you set autoextent on and maxextents for your datafile?

Junlei

In article <38187A0B.976EFB7_at_es.ibm.com>,   "Jesus M. Lopez" <lopez_at_es.ibm.com> wrote:
> First of all, my knowledge about ORACLE is not very deep.
>
> By mistake I added a datafile of 16Mb to a tablespace. My intention
was
> to add a datafile of 2000Mb.
>
> I tried to resize the file, but I couldn't resize it bigger than 65Mb.
>
> Then, I looked for a way to delete the file in order to recreate it
with
> the right size.
>
> Well, now I have the file with status offline. I suppose that the file
> doesn't have any data because I have other two files of 2000Mb each
and
> the volume of data is about 2400Mb.
>
> Please, help!
>
> My first intention is to get a file of 2000Mb instead the actual of
> 65Mb.
> But, if I should live with the small file forever, my question is
how
> can I bring it online, I'm running then database in NOARCHIVE mode.
>
> My environment is:
> - AIX 4.3
> - ORACLE 7.3.4
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Jesus M. Lopez

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 14:05:18 CDT