How To Make Customized Installation CD For ORACLE 8i?

From: Yue Wang,Call Me at,900-LUV-LINE,1-800-SAY-COOL <yxw04169_at_Bayou.UH.EDU>
Date: 28 Oct 1999 11:38:05 -0500

We are a Data Management software company using ORACLE 8i as the Database engine. In the past, we built a so called "Run Time ORACLE environment" together with our software to ship to our clients. This was pain and very troublesome. We are considering to give the ORACLE installation CD (it can be made by our company) to the customers and let them to install it.

Is there anyone who knows how to customize the Install CD so that to limit the user's choices during the ORACLE installation? For example by changing some configaration file, we can give the customers the only the options that are needed for for our software? In the other words, is it possible to make a customized CD (from a master ORACLE installation CD) that has only the limited choices for the users? This way it can better protect the interest of ORACLE and save us from potential legal troubles caused by some mis-use of unlicensed ORACLE product. Is there any such configuration file existing in the ORACLE 8i Installation CD-ROM? The platforms I am concerned is the Solaris 2.6 and NT.

Thanks for the comments and helps.

yxw04169_at_bayou.uh.edu Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 11:38:05 CDT