What is ORA-6508?

From: Iain Shanks <shanksi_at_logica.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:26:42 +0100

Can anyone explain what the causes (and remedies) for an ORA-6508 error?

We are trying to run some PL/SQL stored procedures, and are sometimes getting a 6508 error (PL/SQL could not find program unit being called), usually when other (fairly resource intensive) processes are running against the database. The error seems to clear itself after usage of the system returns to normal, so we don't think there's anything basically wrong with the code.

So, does anyone know what's going wrong and what (if anything) we can do to sort it?

Thanks for all your help

Iain

"All opinions expressed are solely those of the author and not of Logica" Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 11:26:42 CDT