Import/Export from 8 to 7

From: Riccardo Ferrari <riccardo.ferrari_at_informatica2.it>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:51:58 +0200

I have to export some tables from an Oracle 8.0.5 and import them in an Oracle 7.3.2 DB.
I thought to do the export from the Oracle7 server (using Oracle7 export routine) connecting to the Oracle8 DB via SQL-NET. But doing the export operation I get the following error message:

    EXP0024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA. I know the export and import utilities need some system views to run (those generated by catexp.sql) and I've also ran the script without result. I think the problem is related to the different Oracle versions. Could anyone help me?
Thanks in advance
Riccardo Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 07:51:58 CDT