Re: Ora 04020 - deadlock detected while trying to lock object

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:10:01 GMT

Hi Alan,

This error message relates to library cache lock deadlocks, not enqueue lock deadlocks.

V$LOCK is only appropriate for enqueue locking issues.

To investigate library cache locking issues, you need to use DBA_KGLLOCK which is created by the catblock.sql script.

If the problem is still reproducible, you may want to post the output here.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/

http://www.christianity.com.au/

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:50:37 -0400, "Alan Formstone" <aformstone_at_us.lhsgroup.com> wrote:

>An application is trying to insert into a table and gets the above error.

[snip]

>I restarted the database and the TS lock had disappeared. We reran the
>application and about a minute later this LOCK had reappeared.

[snip]