Re: R: TNS could not resolve service name problem

From: Mike Mountjoy <michael_at_london.virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:30:10 +0100

Have you modified listerner.ora to say that you now have to sids running on the box. If not
then the request comes in from box B and it can see instance A running (by reading the
listener params set in listerner.ora).

listerner.ora

LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS=

      (PROTOCOL = TCP)
      (Host = acme.virgin.net)
      (Port = 2000)

    )
  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 100
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = ON
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
  (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME =instanceA)
(GLOBAL_NAME = instanceA)
(ORACLE_HOME = /external/oracle/app/oracle/product/8i)
(PRESPAWN_MAX = 10)

  )
  (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = instanceB)
(GLOBAL_NAME = instanceB)
(ORACLE_HOME = /external/oracle/app/oracle/product/7.3.3)
(PRESPAWN_MAX = 10)

  )
)

on box B