Oracle Enterprise Manager Login/installation

From: dan <DanE999_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:17:27 GMT

first, I am a newbie of course.
I am having problem with login to EM server. I installed with all defaults, entering only user/password leaving service blank as I have with the rest of the products that I installed(O8.1.5,D2k 6). I created a new oracle home for EM as required, and tried both options that I have for service on the login screen(ORCL, and my DNS name). at school we also are unable to get logged into the management server so the teacher isn't any help with this one.

I am not familiar enough to even know where to begin solving the EM problem. don't even know what services are used to connect . I do know that the rest of the Oracle stuff I have installed works ok, and I can use most of EM (i.e. schema manager, instance manager) if I login to the database rather than the EM server.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. also, if there are any files needed to help diagnose, let me know and I will post them.

TIA
Dan
another newbie lost in oracle land Received on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 02:17:27 CDT