large sqlnet.log files at strange places

From: remco <rdoremal_at_kabelfoon.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:18:38 +0200

We have some java applications which are using oracle client to connect to a 8.0.4 oracle database.
It is a complete NT system. Database on an NT server and client applications on the workstations.

All workstations have the same java application started in the same way and doing the same thing, but the sqlnet.log file appears in different directories on the different machines. We even found several instances of the log file in different directories on one and the same machine. Some are 23 Mb. The location of the log file is really strange and seems not to have anything to do with oracle.

I think the log files are created when there is a network error.

We are not able to find any option that says the oracle client to log in the file sqlnet.log or even switch it off.

Does anybody know what is creating these logfiles and why the logfiles do not reside in oracle directories, but in random directories on your system?

Can that logging be switched off?

Regards remco Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 14:18:38 CDT