Re: How to disable rollback

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:06:38 GMT

If you cannot, or do not wish to truncate the table, removing ALL rows at once, you can use the autocommit feature of SQL*Plus. Before beginning your delete statement, issue SET AUTO[COMMIT] nnn where [COMMIT] is optional and nnn is the number of DML statements to execute between commits. This may help to keep your rollbacks from overflowing.

HTH,
Roy

In article <38170671.F3719DA_at_sabre.com>,   Chandra Pabba <Chandra.Pabba_at_sabre.com> wrote:

> --------------2A5B56369FA8FF0F4B802DCB
>
> Boris Bliznukov wrote:
>
> > Hi All!
> >
> > Is there any way to disable rollback?
> >
> > I have a table with ~ 3M rows and ~ 2G size and I want to delete
about
> > 1M rows at once ... Rollback segment was overflowing so I extend it
:)
> > ... now delete is running for straight 4 hours ... no luck so far
> >
> > Is it possible at all?
> >
> > --
> > *** "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
> > *** Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
>
> Hi!
>
> There is no way to disable the rollback in respect of the
transactions,
> which generate rollback by default. As such, you may like to use the
> TRUNCATE option, if you would like to delete all the rows, wherein no
> rollback is generated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chandra
>
> --------------2A5B56369FA8FF0F4B802DCB

> Boris Bliznukov wrote:
about
it
> :)

transactions,
> which generate rollback by default.&nbsp; As such, you may like to use
> the TRUNCATE option, if you would like to delete <i>all</i> the rows,
wherein
> no rollback is generated.
> Chandra
>
> --------------2A5B56369FA8FF0F4B802DCB--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 13:06:38 CDT