Re: NT Authentication

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 27 Oct 1999 10:33:30 -0700

Glen Gorman <fafhrd_at_nbnet.nb.ca> writes:

> Currently if I turn on NT authentication users from other domains can
> get access to our machine as Oracle doesn't check the domain name, and
> we have users from different domains with the same username. How can I
> get Oracle 8.1.5 to include the domain in the authentication?

You need to set the registry value OSAUTH_PREFIX_DOMAIN to TRUE. The value is located under \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\<your oracle home>. Alternatively, just delete it as the default value is TRUE.

You've probably done this, but also make sure that the OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX init.ora parameter is set to "". If it isn't, set it and bounce the database.

--

                                Thanks,
                                Rick

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.