TNS on Sun Solaris

From: Christ Follower <christ_follower_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:55:34 GMT

I am setting up Oracle 8.0.5 on Sun Solaris. I edited TNSNAMES.ORA. I am able to connect to the database (resides on the same machine) without giving a connection string name. I want to be able to connect to another Oracle database on another machine. It is giving me the TNS Name error (not able to resolve TNS name), although TNSNAMES.ORA is configured. Where else did I miss? Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 10:55:34 CDT