Re: Index tablespace

From: Allen <Allen_Brost-FAB101_at_email.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:51:57 -0500

You can do that, but you don't really need to export anything. Just blow away your old indexes and use the CREATE INDEX command and specify the tablespace.

Q. "Also, if there is a separate index tablespace, is there a way to force a new

index to be created by a user in the index tablespace instead of the user's default
tablespace, if no tablespace is specified during creation?"

Yes, look at the documentation for a CREATE INDEX command

CREATE INDEX ..... TABLESPACE indexTableSpace;