Problem with rman in Oracle 8.05

From: Achim Steffes <achim.steffes_at_rhein-main.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:37:21 +0200

Hello everybody,

i have the problem, that im not able connect with rman to a remote database. I have a SUN with a 2 databases, one with a testenvironment and
another with the rman-catalog. I have no problem to backup the testenvironment but i'm not able to connect with rman to another database which is running on a SUN-Cluster. The cluster has no password file, i'm able connect to it with sqlplus and so on,but when i try to connect to it via rman i receive an oracle-1034 oracle not available or logon/password not correct. I'd be very happy about any hint to this issue.

Thanks
Achim Steffes
vwd-IS Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 10:37:21 CDT