Importing to new schemas

From: Kevin Simon <ksimon_at_fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:52:56 -0500

I am running a conversion from Oracle 7.1.4 to Oracle 7.3.4 on an HP-UX 10.20 O/S. I am taking this time to clean up my user schemas.

We have a vendor application that has a number of tables in it. We also have a homegrown application which has placed tables in the vendor's schema. I am using import to get data out of my 7.1.4 database and into my 7.3.4 database.

I would like to use the fromuser/touser parameters on the imp command to move specific tables. This is my issue: If I import all tables of a user, Oracle handles the imports and integrity constraints. If I specify the tables individually (even in groups of 50), I will need to make sure that I am importing tables in the correct order. As an example, if I import a table called DETAIL, and there is no table called MASTER yet, the constraints will cause errors.

I am using scripts to build PARFILES based on table lists to import. I have more than 50 tables in the schemas, which is the limit I can place on the tables parameter of the parfile. How can I import tables and have it not enforce the integrity constraints until I have completely imported all tables, so I don't have to worry that MASTER is in the second group of 50 while DETAIL is in the first group?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin Simon
ksimon.nospam_at_fwi.com Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 09:52:56 CDT