Re: Help with ConText bug

From: <bethmfreeman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:44:30 GMT

In article <7v4je0$792$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   I (bethmfreeman_at_my-deja.com) wrote:
> I just got started with Oracle 8i (8.1.5) and have been trying
> to index a collection of about 60,000 documents that are stored
> in a table, the document content in a BLOB. Unfortunately, when I try
> to index the BLOB information using ConText with the INSO filter, it
> crashes. I'm hoping that someone can tell me what I might be doing
> wrong or offer a suggestion to set up the tables or index in a
different
> way that will avoid this crash.

To follow up on my own posting, I received a callback from Oracle indicating that the fact that Visual Studio is installed on the server machine may be causing this crash. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried removing Visual Studio, but the index still crashed. I'm wondering if re-installing NT/Oracle on the server will help, or would a complete waste of time.

Thanks,
Elisabeth Freeman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 07:44:30 CDT