Re: Index tablespace

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:57:15 +0100

Alex Yevzelman <yevz0001_at_tc.umn.edu> wrote in message news:3815FD42.7555F56_at_tc.umn.edu...
> Actually, I don't have RAID and the database is spread over two disks on
the same
> controller.
> Since the database is in the development stage right now and if I decided
not to
> put the indexes in the separate tablespace, how hard would it be to move
the
> indexes into a separate tablespace once the database in production?

What we do is produce a script which will create all the objects in the database, manually edit this for the correct or new tablespaces. Then you can export the existing database, drop the schemas (or indeed just blow away the databse and create a new instance with diffrent datafiles etc)

next run your new script to create empty tables. Finally run import which will put the data in the new tables in a different tablespace.

This isn't that hard, though you do have to watch out for default values and so on.

Niall Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 05:57:15 CDT