Re: exp and imp problem

From: PerlMongerWannaBe <davehaas_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:35:50 GMT

Hi Greg.

Try a schema export (i.e. all the tables in your schema).

Use:

exp user/pass file=output.dmp log=output.dmp

that'll get everything, so see if all the rows come out :)

Cheers,

Dave Haas

> Thanks for replies, Jennifer and GL, I've included more info here.
>
> Jennifer, I don't seem to have a exp80 or imp80 program on my system.
> G L, I think the 'full' parameter is for doing full database exports
rather than
> single tables. Also, where will I find the exp log file??
>
> Anyway, here's what I've done so far:
>
> my test table 'testtab1':
>
> ID NAME AGE
> ---------- -------------------- ----------
> 1 god 12
> 2 beelzebub 15
> 1 satan 53
> 1 jahove 4
>
> my export command:
>
> exp userid=user/pass file=testtab1.dmp tables=testtab1 rows=y
>
> This is the output:
> Export done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set
>
> About to export specified tables via Conventional Path ...
> . . exporting table TESTTAB1 0 rows
exported
> Export terminated successfully without warnings.
>
> The file testtab1.dmp is 8192 bytes (which I'm suspisious of, it
always seems to
> be 8192 bytes no matter which table I export).
>
> If I do a SHOW (ie: imp userid=user/pass file=testtab1.dmp show=y), I
get:

> Export file created by EXPORT:V08.00.05 via conventional path
> . importing WWS's objects into WWS
> "CREATE TABLE "TESTTAB1" ("ID" NUMBER(10, 0), "NAME" VARCHAR2
(20), "AGE" NUM"
> "BER(3, 0)) PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS 255 LOGGING
STORAGE(I"
> "NITIAL 10240 NEXT 10240 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 121 PCTINCREASE 50
FREELIST"
> "S 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE "USERS""
> . . skipping table "TESTTAB1"
>
> Import terminated successfully without warnings.
>
> That doesn't tell me whether the rows of data have been exported
though.

> If I try to import the file (with: imp userid=user/pass
file=testtab1.dmp
> rows=y), I get:
>
> Export file created by EXPORT:V08.00.05 via conventional path
> . importing WWS's objects into WWS
> . . importing table "TESTTAB1" 0 rows
imported
> Import terminated successfully without warnings.
>
> Aaargh! How do I get it to import the row data?
>
> - Kev
>
> GLFlannery_at_aol.com wrote:
>
> > Kevin,
> > You didn't list the output from the export but I assume there
are rows in
> > the table and the export picked them up. First thing is check your
log file
> > from the export and make sure there is data in the table. Then use
FULL=Y on
> > the import. That says import the whole import file. I have never
used
> > ROWS=Y on import. I didn't even know it was a valid option.
> >
> > hope this helps,
> >
> > Greg Flannery
> > Senior Associate
> > DHA, Inc.
> > gflanner_at_dha-us.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 23:35:50 CDT