Cleanup SGA?

From: Mark Brayshaw <markb_at_global.net.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:32:04 +0800

Hi,

    I've been given the task of installing Oracle 8.0.4 on Solaris 2.7 as a practice exercise (having done the first eductaion course for DBA). I've gotten through the install procedure and I've set the file structures on Solaris to be OFA compliant, I've started setting up tablespaces and users etc. -all fine so far. Unfortunately, while in SVRMGRL, I did a shutdown immediate, instead of a shutdown normal, and now when I try to start my database I eventually get an "ORA-27100: shared memory realm already exists" message. The error messages docco recommends that I clean up the SGA for the failed instance, but I cannot find a definition of what constitutes the SGA. Can anyone give me a simple description of what directories or files actuallly constitute the SGA?

Regards

            Mark Brayshaw Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 20:32:04 CDT