Re: Full Database replication!!

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:41:50 -0700

Shaul

You have a couple of options:

  1. Use Advanced Replication. Most flexible, most configuration required.
  2. Use Standby Database. Less flexible, less configuration required.
  3. Run a nightly export, ftp to other machine and import if needed. Least flexible, probably not viable as a real failover option to many clients.

Which of these you would choose needs a lot more investigation for your specific requirements.

If you're just concerned about machine failure, OPS may also be an option if you can run in a clustered environment.

HTH. Pete