Re: Full Database replication!!

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 01:26:15 +0200

This is a job for: "Standby Database"

Starting with some sort of physical copy of your original database you can apply all the archived redo logfiles to the standby database. Oracle supports this explicitly.
The support consists of the fact that it is not possible to accidently OPEN the database, because if you do that you can no longer apply the archived logfiles and you would have to start over again. In case of an emergency you can force the database to OPEN. Also see the official manual on this topic.

Erwin

--
Erwin Dondorp
<http://www.dondorp.com/> Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 18:26:15 CDT