Re: Function based index

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:03:01 -0400

A copy of this was sent to leorajan_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:17:40 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi all,
> I am trying to create a function based index on a table. I am getting
>Insufficient privileges error. I do have CREATE ANY INDEX privilege. I
>just want to know what is the basic privileges needed to create a
>function based index?
> Please help me on this.
>
>Thanks
>Leo.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

see the URL at the website in my signature below -- it has a full paper on this. In short

<quote from the paper>
How to use this

Above we now have most of the steps you need to use function based indexes. In addition to the above steps, there are some init.ora or session settings you must use and a
privelege you must have. The following is a list of what needs to be done to use function based indexes:

     You must have the system privelege query rewrite to create function based indexes on tables in your own schema.

     You must have the system privelege global query rewrite to create function based indexes on tables in other schemas

     For the optimizer to use function based indexes, the following session or system variables must be set:
</quote>

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 15:03:01 CDT