Re: Programming in SQL?

From: Randy DeWoolfson <randy_at_euclidsys.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:02:45 -0400

I think this depends on your version of Oracle...

You could make a view of the summed table (B) and select from this to table A, or in O8 you can put the select statement for the sum as one of the table entries in the FROM clause.

You need to be careful because you can't do a correlated subquery style select in the from clause... but it can definitely be done.

hth
Randy