Re: Star Schemas ! What are they ??

From: Alex Yevzelman <yevz0001_at_tc.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:53:45 -0500

Star schemas are primarily used to model data warehouses. Here is my very high lever overview of the star schemas. A typical star schema usually consists of a single fact table and several dimention tables. There are one-to-many relationships between each of the dimention tables and the fact table.
For example, a data warehouse may contain information about purchases. In this case, the fact table would be PURCHASE and the dimention tables would be CUSTOMER, PRODUCT, TIME, STORE, etc.

For a lot more information on this topic, you can look on http://www.datawarehouse.com/

Alex.