Index tablespace

From: Alex Yevzelman <yevz0001_at_tc.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:50:42 -0500

I am wondering, what are the advantages and disadvantages of having a separate tablespace for indexes.
We are converting an MS Access aplication that has ~80Mb and growing of data into Oracle 8i. Also, we are developing an application, which will have ~10Mb of data.
I created a tablespace for each of these applications.

Should I create a separate tablespace specifically for indexes or should I keep indexes together with the other schema object in each of the corresponding tablespaces?
What are the general guidelines for this type of problem?

Thanks.
Alex. Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 12:50:42 CDT