Re: A straight question, I need a straight Answer ?

From: ARMH <durian_at_pop.jaring.my>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:05:08 GMT

Thanks alot for every Ones advice over here .... certainly it seems Linux is a prefered Platform for Oracle. And thanks again for those advicing me to run Oracle on NT. In my working place I run many things on NT and don't care about the side effects because I am not the one who chose that platform to run those applications.
This particular project is a pet project I will be doing personally. I like SOLARIS, reliable enough to know when I go next day to office, still it is working OK. I can't say the same thing for NT for running under heavy load. I believe Oracle is a heavy load stuff. I don't have a SUN box, so next best solution is Linux on Intel, No matter how difficult it might be to install on Linux, I will give a try in a two weeks time, I downloaded the 172MB tar file already. I am just busy on some other official project for a customer.

Any way thanks guys,

regards/ARMH