Re: NLS characterset problem (german)

From: <lmarkus_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:36:26 GMT

Hi all,

I've tried different things without being successfull at all. I updated OAS 4.0.7 to 4.0.7.1 but nothing changed. The problem seems to be a clientside one, because characters are imported correctly by SQL Loader and are correctly displayed when using SQL Plus.
Does anybody know where to set the correct NLS values for SQLnet and for Oracle Application Server, and in particular in the LiveHTML-Application/-Cartridge? I have found out, that the (modified?) DBI/DBD::Oracle module used in LiveHTML does not use the DAD I created before, so the NLS information entered in the DAD screens in Oracle Application Server panel have no sense?!? Could the DBI/DBD be made responsible for destroying special characters and how to workaround this or can I use DADs with DBI/DBD ?

I really appreciate any help!

Markus

> > Hi karsten,
> >
> > sorry,
> > I tried to set the environment variable under Oracle Application
> > Server 4.0.7 by adding it to

Applications\myApp\Configuration\Enviroment
> > Variables but after restarting OAS + Listener, nothing changed.
> > We are primary developing with LiveHTML + Web Application Objects.
> > Are there any other solution tips?
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Markus
> >

> > In article <7v19gj$qc4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > make sure, NLS_LANG is set correctly in your perl environment.
> > > should be something like German_Germany.weiso8859-1
> > >
> > > Karsten

NT.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 09:36:26 CDT