Re: Oracle JVM problems

From: Chris Kempster <ckempste_at_iinet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:02:32 +0800

hmm, from the meta link looks like IIOP is MTS only.   Chris Kempster <ckempste_at_iinet.com.au> wrote in message = news:3814dc72$0$15666_at_motown.iinet.net.au...   Dear DBA's,

  Hi there all, we are running MTS for the oracle auroara (java VM), = first of all I can not get EJB's (enterprise java beans) run without = using MTS for iiop connections to the oracle JVM, if anyone has it would = be great to hear from you :) also, running utl stats during some = testing, we find the oracle server kill the CPU, it seems that the MTS = servers are working like crazy to manage our simulated 100+ concurrent = connections. Here is an extract from the report.txt

  Event Name                       Count         Total Time    Avg Time  =

  -------------------------------- ------------- ------------- =
-------------
  virtual circuit status                     487        475413        =
976.21
  dispatcher timer                          1335         98749         =
73.97
  SQL*Net message from client                119         22675        =
190.55
  db file sequential read                     32            49          =
1.53
  latch free                                   1            16           =
 16
  control file sequential read                12            14          =
1.17
  direct path write                           10            11           =
1.1
  refresh controlfile command                  4            10           =
2.5
  file open                                   11             4           =
36
  SQL*Net message to client                  119             0           =
  0
  db file scattered read                       1             0           =
  0
  log file sync                                2             0           =
  0
  direct path read                             2             0           =
  0

  Can anyone give me some clear cut direction on tuning mts servers and = dispatchers? as these stats tend to point to some major mts problems.

  Also, given this in the init.ora

  mts_dispatchers = =
"(PROTOCOL=TCP)(PRE=oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer)"

  how can I translate this BACK to a dedicated server config? does a = dedicated connection work for iiop requests?

  Cheers

  Chris.

  --
  Chris Kempster BSc,Technical Consultant   AMCON Solutions - www.amcon.com.au
  Perth, Western Australia Received on Tue Oct 26 1999 - 07:02:32 CDT