Re: OAS Server and rename of host

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 26 Oct 1999 02:01:30 GMT

Bob -
Unless you've done a LOT of work to setup listeners and such I'd re-install. Or can you ask the network folks to setup an alias?
It is VERY difficult to find ALL the places the name must be changed. Just to get an idea -
go to the directory where OAS is installed search for files and directories that contain the host name. now search the files in the directories. You'll get an idea as to what I mean.
It's not practical without extreme care. Becca
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed OAS on a unix machine but have since
found out

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=6343&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=6337 Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 21:01:30 CDT