reuse of cda structure

From: Jasper Stil <dirkstil_at_euronet.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:04:37 +0200

Can someone please clarify this subject for me? I'm making my first steps with oci-calls in a host program...

It's my understanding from the docs that I should be able to reuse a previously defined CDA-structure after closing the cursor.

In my test-application however, connecting to Oracle 7.3.4 using ora73.dll, I seem unable to do just that: I performed olog(), oparse(), odefin(), oexfet() successfully, getting the rows I expected, finally oclose() with return code 0 too.

Further on, I wanted to reuse the same CDA, but got an error code 1001 - invalid cursor. I subsequently tried inserting ocan() before the close, even defined another CDA, to no avail. If I remove the first call, then the second series will execute fine, so it seems that I'm permitted only a one-time query?

Anyone knows what I'm missing here? I've read the description of this message in the manual, but as this is not a precompiler app, I'm really lost...

JasperD Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 11:04:37 CDT