Re: Ora-01041 Hostdef extension error

From: Neil C <btsscrth_at_bt.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:09:19 +0100

Hi,

1041 tends to be a bit of a catch all error message.

You could add the following event code in your init.ora file to obtain some further details when it next occurs..

event="1041 trace name errorstack level 4"

The ORA-1401 is usually reported when a connection has broken for some reason. Are there any additional errors in the database alert log. Did the error stack also include an ORA-3113 or ORA-3114?

NeilC