Re: HELP! recovery problem

From: Jim Gregory <JG200024_at_NCR.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 08:41:30 -0400

Hi,
We do this every once in a while when we have to re-set up a hot, standby database.

1) restore your cold back up and all archives
2) "startup mount" your database.  DO NOT OPEN IT.
3) Issue "recover database using backup control file"
4) It should start requesting archive logs

It is essential that you only mount and not open the DB. Once it's open, this will not work.

HTH --
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.
Currently assigned to NCR