Re: Easy way to get size of an index?

From: Joerg Lanzinger <joerg_at_lanzinger.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:32:04 +0200

Hy Kevin,

there is an handy PL/SQL package to get those information:

$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsutil.sql

After running this, you can use (in SQL*Plus)   execute dbms_space.unused_space ... (look at proc to get all parameters)
  print total_blocks;
  print unused_blocks;

The difference of those figures is the space used by your object.

HTH
  Joerg