Re: Throwing extents problem

From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph_at_viaginterkom.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 08:39:25 GMT

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for your feedback, but the problem was self inflicted I'm afraid. All of the tables and indexes have pctincrease set to 0.

The problem was that I wrote a script that with allocate the free extents in the tablespaces to various objects. These "funny size" extents were left behind by my predecesor where many indexes and tables had 50% pctincrease. So my script alloactes the 3.94 Mb extents and alike to the larger objects in the database. The problem was that I accidently ran the spool output twice (cut-n-paste problem) and obviously the second attempt to allocate the extent in the datafile failed cos it was no-longer free. I did check the alert log until later in the day and had forgotten about my finger like elbows problem!

thanks anyway,
Cheers
Tony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 03:39:25 CDT