Email/Page Notification using Oracle8i

From: Michael Chan <MikeChan_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:57:03 -0700

I'm an Oracle8i admin newbie and I am evaulating whether Oracle8i has any built ins for doing notification.

I want to have a monitor that can page or email me in case of any database failures.

Also, I'd like to be able to program in PL/SQL some sort of alert system. The system would allow users to
register for a certain event to occur for example, if Madonna was playing a concert. If I insert data indicating
that Madonna was playing, the system would look up all users that have registered an interest in the artist and send out a mass email.

Does Oracle8i have any sort of built in notification like this that can interface with email and paging? I have heard of Oracle Intelligent Agent. Would this component do what I want? Received on Sun Oct 24 1999 - 15:57:03 CDT